PRAXAIR SUPPLIERS: WHAT WE EXPECT
Going above and beyond
At Praxair, we expect the same level of commitment and conduct from our suppliers that we expect from our employees. All of our business dealings must be based on fairness, honesty, lawfulness, safety, environmental stewardship and social consciousness. As a Praxair supplier, you must also ensure compliance with our contractual agreements, Business Integrity & Ethics Policy, and supplier expectations.
At Praxair, our Supplier Management Program contains six fundamental objectives and supplier expectations, called the TARGET performance areas:
We are committed to providing an uninterrupted supply of products and services to our customers. We expect our suppliers to:
- Provide a stable supply stream, free from defects and disruptions
- Be capable of delivering products and services at the point and time of need
Environment & Safety
Safety is our highest priority! We are committed to provide a work environment that strives to protect the health and safety of our customers, our suppliers and our employees. We expect our suppliers to have a safety program that is actively supported by the supplier's top management team. Our suppliers must, at a minimum:
- Abide by all Praxair health and safety rules in performance of work on Praxair sites.
- Abide by all applicable governmental rules, regulations, and laws.
It is our policy to seek continuous improvement in our environmental performance. We are committed to maintaining environmentally sound business operations, to integrating environmental considerations into its research, product and process development activities and to contributing to the common effort to protect the natural and workplace environment. At our sites, we expect our suppliers to:
- Ensure that, at a minimum, all products and services comply with applicable environmental rules, regulations, and laws.
- Actively work to meet or exceed all applicable Praxair environmental and materials handling policies.
Global Reach & Human Rights
We strategically align ourselves with suppliers who can support our strategies on a global, regional and local level. We expect our suppliers to:
- Support our needs at the local level and demonstrate the ability to function in the countries where we operate
- Provide coordinated global account management
- Ensure that products and services comply with the regulations and technical specifications for all localities to which products and services are provided
We are committed to the recognition and safeguarding of human rights in all the countries in which we operate. Praxair's Human Rights Policy is guided by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) and reflective of our Compliance with Laws policy, our Standards of Business Integrity, our Harassment Policy and our Safety, Health & Environmental Policy. At the same time we respect the sovereignty of nations throughout the world and affirm their primary responsibility to protect their citizens' human rights.
We will seek to do business with partners - customers, suppliers and contractors - who share the same commitment to human rights that we have, specifically in relation to :
- Right to Work
- Prevention of Harassment
- Freedom of Association
- Child or Forced Labor
We respond quickly to customer inquiries, and we strive to efficiently resolve and eliminate any problems that might arise. To continue to do this, we expect our suppliers to:
- Respond to inquiries promptly with clear, complete and accurate information
- Be able to support changes in demand or requirements
- Expeditiously resolve any problems or supply disruption, taking appropriate measures to ensure they do not recur
We continuously strive for technology excellence to enable us to gain and maintain a competitive advantage in our chosen markets. We seek continuous improvement in products, services and business intelligence capabilities and we expect our suppliers to support our technology vision by:
- Working with us to develop technology road maps that are aligned with our future direction
- Meeting quality expectations on all items we identify as critical to quality
- Exhibiting continuous improvement strategies for products and services offered, including more efficient product development cycles and improvements in product performance
- Providing market intelligence about the technical direction of the products and services you supply
- Utilizing information systems that will allow us to take advantage of lower cost electronic purchasing capabilities
Total Cost of Ownership
To provide maximum value to our customers, we strive to minimize the total cost of our products and services. We expect our suppliers to:
- Provide a competitive cost structure for all products and services as benchmarked against peers. This cost structure includes acquisition, implementation and operating costs of products and services as well as after-market service and support.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in cost structure
- Suggest ways that we can improve our products and services to achieve lower costs